Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Vacation



It's already June 1st and the weather is beautiful. I can't wait to start my summer vacation. I got offered another temp job for about 2-3 weeks, which I started a couple days ago. Then we head off to Iceland! Andreas has a conference there. So that means we only have to pay for my flight. Just about everything else is covered from the conference. We come home June 29th.

The following weekend, we have to go to Stockholm to be a part of Andreas' cousin's wedding. She has asked us to provide music. I have to learn a Swedish song and Andreas will of course play keyboard, or whatever. (the wedding will be held out in a wooded area). Then I hope to get another temp job for 3 weeks or so before we head off to the states.


Yes, the states! We fly in Aug. 1st to Portland and go home Aug. 22nd. We have so much to do during our stay. There are so many people to visit. The Bishop in Columbia River ward has asked us to put on a fireside/concert while were there. So we're going forward with plans to put on our Joseph Smith concert we did here in Denmark about 3 years ago. It will be a big project, but I know we can pull it off. I hope all the rels in the area can come sing! I'll be leading the choir.

We also have to visit Andreas' brother's family who lives in Astoria. Ana and her new husband and baby will be in town. I've never met Brian, her husband, so that is also high on the list of things to do. And of course Jeff's wedding has been recently announced for August 16th (same day as ours was!) in Sacramento. So instead of an excursion to Utah, we will most likely to be heading to Northeren California. Luckily they picked a good place to get married! There's a ton to see there. Andreas will love it.

I of course want to get lots of bonding time with all of the kiddies - especially Gavin. He is too little and doesn't know his auntie. We need to change that!

Anyway, it seems like it's going to be a very fun, but busy vacation! We're looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Batman Forever said...

When you say Jeff's wedding, I assume you mean Andrus. How do you know this and I don't. I'm out of the loop! I know nothing.
So exciting. Can't wait till you get here. Have fun in Iceland.

Andreas V said...

There's a mail from Judd today. I don't know how definite it all is, but I guess if they're going to send a mail out to the whole family, then it must be pretty official.

The "O" Clan said...

Yay! You get to visit my hometown! Sacramento is the best. Just be prepared for HOT days! We can't wait to see you guys soon! We leave July 10th for Denmark and will make sure to visit! Lots of love!
Linz

Leigh said...

PARTY! Can't wait to see you. And thanks for the added bonus of getting to see the kids again, too.