Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sungard

I know, I know... it's been a long time since I wrote an entry. So here's my latest update...

I started my new job (permanent job!) a couple weeks ago. The company is called Sungard, which is American owned. They have offices all over the world.

It didn't start out so well, because I got sick after my first day on the job! I was very embarrassed and stressed out about being sick already. But it was that time of the year when the weather begins to go cold and when many people fall ill. Luckily it only took two days at home for me to get back on the job. It's been great. I work M-F from 1-5. It's so perfect for me. I can go to rehearsals in the morning if I need to, or just do the cleaning and shopping I feel I never have time to do. It's also nice to be able to sleep in in the morning if I want.


The job itself has also been very good. It's a bit challenging. There are many things to remember. I will eventually be setup as the main travel coordinator, so there is a fair amount of responsibility involved. I've been a bit stressed out here in the beginning because my supervisor and coworker is going on vacation for two weeks starting Monday. So I have to be able to do everything myself. That's after only 1 and 1/2 weeks training. She has confidence that I can do it, but I'm not so sure. We'll see what happens. It's ALOT to remember!


I also really like the people there. They are very nice and I seem to have a fair amount in common with them. And Dorte, the girl I work with is very sweet. I think we will end up being good friends in no time.


Oh, and another responsibility I've just been given is planning our Christmas party. I'm nervous about that. I don't think they know that I don't drink yet. Do they really want someone planning their crazy Danish Christmas party by a non-drinker? I need help! But it's exciting to get all of this responsibility.


The other cool thing about the job is the location. It's very close to where the Danish royalty live. It's right on the harbor, and I can see the new Danish opera house right across the water. It's a very cool part of town. And it only takes me 20 minutes to bike there! No bus pass required!


I just hope that I can learn everything soon and be able to relax a bit more. I've been a bit stressed out here since Dorte is leaving for a two week vacation. So wish me luck!


4 comments:

Batman Forever said...

that is great. Sounds like the perfect hours for you. I hope it works out great. Have fun planning the Christmas party. Lots of punch.

Leigh said...

dude somebody is totally going to spike the punch.

Andreas V said...

you can't have a Danish Christmas party without alcohol. That would never work. I'll just have to order me a case of mineral water.

Anonymous said...

cool opera house! I want to ride a bike around copenhagen!