Monday, February 25, 2008

Musica Ficta

I've been lucky to have become a member of Musica Ficta shortly after I arrived in Denmark. It's one of the few professional vocal ensembles in Denmark. We've done all sorts of concerts together in which I've been able to see many parts of Denmark. Andreas says that I've seen more of Denmark than he has. For example, we were down in a town called Tønder which is near the German border. Noone ever goes there. But we did! I've also been involved in a video which was filmed in the basement of a castle here in Copenhagen. It's pretty cool all the things I've been able to do here through Musica Ficta.

One of the biggest projects we've had throughout the last couple of years is called "Nuns of Notre Dame". It's all music that was written or performed by nuns. We've also made a cd, which is on it's way out to the market now. It took a while to get all the rights to the music.



3 comments:

Batman Forever said...

When the video comes out, you need to post it on YouTube so we can see it! Sounds pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy!
I didn't know you where doing a blog, until I read Marianne's blog with Andreas' comment.
Cool that you are doing well with the Musica Ficta and it sounds exciting about the CD and video coming out.
Hope you two are enjoying life in Denmark and taking care of yourself.

Kaerlig hilsen,
Daniel, Kristin & Anders

Choose The Wright said...

You guys sure don't look like nuns!