Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Living room art at a good price

Many of you know that I am a bargain shopper. I love to get that steal of a deal. And for a long time, I had looked for some inexpensive artwork for our living room. But to no avail. Anything I found at the right price was just crap. So, I decided to make something myself. I got inspired from some show on the BBC, where they just use fabric over a canvas. It's real easy to make, and really cheap. In Denmark, you can buy painters canvases in any size for very cheap. Here's some pictures. The first one goes over our couch.

The big picture right below is actually a table cloth. I thought it kind of looked like a painting.
Isn't it cool? If I wanted to invest more money into it, I'd get a frame for it.

My latest addition to living room art is my Christ pictures. I found some really cheap frames and then cut out some pictures from an old Simon Dewey calendar. I think they turned out really nice. I'm proud of them. Not bad for 20 bucks!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

I love the ones over the couch. Where do I get some?

Batman Forever said...

That looks great Amy. So Martha. It's a great idea. I may have to steal that idea for the new house. I have a lot of space to decorate.

Brandon and Becca said...

Those are totally cute. That gives me some ideas for decorating around here. You are so crafty!